Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote Test Setup Tips

smurray138smurray138 Member
in General 30 karma

Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some tips on what to expect for taking the exam remote. I am taking the April next week and want to make sure I don't run into any issues during my exam, so I would appreciate any advice on things to do before the exam in terms of setup. Thanks!

Comments

• tays16-1tays16-1 Core Member
    15 karma

Following!!!

• srode316srode316 Core Member
    22 karma

Here are a few things I learned from taking it remotely in January- some might already be common knowledge but it was new to me!

• You must be in a room with four walls and a door (seems silly to have to write it out but I was planning on taking it alone in my 1 br apt at my desk in the living room but had to take it in my br instead!)
      -I would err on the safe side and put any blankets/sheets over any open shelving (think bookshelves, possibly nightstands). It made it a lot quicker when I gave the proctor a once over of the room
      -I'd avoid wearing clothes (specifically pants) with pockets if you can to make checking in to the test easier
      -graphing paper for your scratch paper was fine when I took it (I was worried it would be against the rules but that could totally have just been me lol!)

If I think of any more I'll add them here. Good luck - you've got this!!

• myowynnyuntmyowynnyunt Core Member
    7 karma

Hi All--thanks for the advice. Do we know how many scratch paper are allowed exactly?

• Matthew LynchMatthew Lynch Core Member
    1 karma

make sure any cup you have is clear with no labels on it.

• tays16-1tays16-1 Core Member
    15 karma

@myowynnyunt said:
    Hi All--thanks for the advice. Do we know how many scratch paper are allowed exactly?

Per LSAC, you are allowed 6 pages! It can be blank, lined, or graph paper.

• peezusmcgeepeezusmcgee Core Member
    175 karma

6 pages my cup overfloweth

MJ

• jastone421jastone421 Core Member
    4 karma

The room that I'll be taking the exam in has a doorway without a door on it, but only a hallway with nothing visible beyond that doorway. Does anyone think that might be an issue for the proctor? Trying to avoid having to find another room in my house to take it because this is my "office," so I am most comfortable here. Good luck to all of us April people :smile:

• wally222wally222 Core Member
    8 karma

A couple of things I noticed when I was reading the instructions:
    - no mechanical pencils
    - no other screens in the room (monitors, etc)
    - no hats
    - paper size (for the 6 sheets) is 8.5”x11