Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress/Anxiety Relief Tips During Test

jillianblissjillianbliss Free Trial Member
edited January 2014 in General 18 karma
Hey guys! I am taking my second round of the LSAT on Feb 8 and my studying is going well, but on the prep test I took yesterday I lost at least four points in my best section because I completely freaked out. I had taken the first two sections of the test completely fine, but by the time i got to section three its like my brain just wasn't reading anything. I've googled stress relief and have done basic stuff like exercise to get the jitters out, but does anyone have stress relief tips that you guys use during the test?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2014 3658 karma
    JY had this really cool link about mindful meditation up on the forum a few weeks back (don't know why he removed it). I know it sounds very "new-agey"; but meditation will definitely help you with the stress. Try to sit for 15 minutes and allow yourself to naturally process whatever is going through your head (it'll be overwhelming at first). Slowly but surely you'll be able to think of nothing. Try taking an lsat after a few sessions of that and see if it helps.

Good luck Jill!
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Remind yourself of the score you've been receiving over all your practice tests. Tell yourself that you will just do what you've been doing all your prep, and naturally you will get your score.

View it as an opportunity to actualize your potential. Your score is important, but your world does not rest on it. You've prepared for this opportunity. It is time to seize it.
  • mimranswagmimranswag Free Trial Member
    edited July 2023 2 karma

Managing stress and anxiety during tests is crucial to perform at your best. Here are some helpful tips to alleviate stress during exams:

Preparation is Key: Ensure you are well-prepared for the test. Adequate studying and practice will boost your confidence and reduce anxiety.

Practice Breathing Techniques: If you feel anxious during the test, practice deep breathing. Take slow, deep breaths to calm your nerves and improve focus.

Positive Self-Talk: Replace negative thoughts with positive affirmations. Remind yourself that you are capable and well-prepared for the test.

Time Management: Plan how much time you will allocate to each question or section to avoid feeling rushed.

Stay Organized: Keep your test materials, such as pens, calculators, and notes, organized before the exam to reduce last-minute stress.

Stress Relief Therapy: Taking stress management counselling is also a helpful technique for managing stress during exams.