Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comp Tips

ktigue25ktigue25 Core Member

I plan on taking the June test and my numbers for LR/LG are almost right where I want them to be. However, I am struggling to see results in RC. Does anyone have any tips that helped them have a breakthrough or see more progress in RC?

Comments

• CurrentlyCrammingCurrentlyCramming Alum Member
    1 karma

Are there consistent question types you keep getting wrong? That can determine a lot with how you might adjust your approach

• darlenemae.1997darlenemae.1997 Core Member
    62 karma

I'm struggling with RC too. I find that reading slowly and understanding every sentence and how every paragraph relates to each other helps. As you read, keep in mind the author's opinion.

• Gabriel_RGabriel_R Core Member
    27 karma

Are you completing all four passages? What do the analytics say about your missed question types? Is there a massive difference between your Blind review scores and regular scores?

• wimoeller71wimoeller71 Yearly + Live Member
    72 karma

Reading more academic books/article should help. If any of the professors in the schools your interested in have published books those might be worth a read

• LarisaaaLarisaaa Live Member
    50 karma

If you are taking June, buy the reading comp hero Boot Camp. It is literally the best thing I’ve ever seen for reading comp. I think it’s like a two week Boot Camp. I took about a month to complete it but it was a very informative and it increased my score big time