PT94.S2.Q22 - Don't understand how the answer is correct

sarahm01sarahm01 Core Member
edited April 7 in Logical Reasoning 5 karma

I was in between A and C, and still don't understand how C is correct and A isn't
C: when comparing frighterning and non-frightening experience there is not a direct correlation because some positive experiences also release adrenaline therefore more memory retention
A: when comparing frighterning and non-frightening experience there is not a direct correlation because in some of the intense experiences, there is less memory retention

Admin Note: Edited title. For LR questions, please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question."

Comments

• issacforstudyissacforstudy Core Member
    3 karma

i took a different approach than you.
    i simplified the stimulus to
    Because
    P1.memory with higher A had higher retention
    P2. A will be produced if you are frighten
    ->so frightening memory tend to have higher retention comparing to other

i choose (C) because i think that it attacks a flaw about
    2.【A will be produced when you are frighten】
    (c)indicate that【but A doesn't produce only when you are frighten, there are other incidence that could produce A】

why (A) is wrong(my opinion)
    1.i think 【intense】 doesn't equate 【frightening】,there could be intense-frighten and intense non-frighten. which cancel each other out
    2. also the stimulus used[tend to be higher] which makes it compatible with some extreme exception. such as the[intense feeling]

i hope this help
    i just finish the test and my brain is almost drained

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    edited April 8 697 karma

The correct answer provides an alternative scenario/cause for adrenaline rush, which the author contributes to frightening experiences.