Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Admissions Advice Needed

kenyambo1996kenyambo1996 Free Trial Member

Greetings! I could seriously use some outside opinions on this issue as I am beyond torn on what do:

I am currently in the end of my law school process and am in a tight spot. I currently have two acceptance letters (Hofstra and University of San Francisco) both with scholarship offers (although Hofstra’s scholarship offer extends beyond my 1L year, pending I keep a certain GPA). Both of these schools have April 15th First Seat Deposits. I am still waiting to hear back from two schools (Pace Law, which is ranked slightly higher than Hofstra & Syracuse, which is my dream school). If it helps, I want to become a sports and entertainment lawyer (more focused on Employment/Labor Law, Contract, Copyright, and Trademark law) and believe my pursuits would be best suited to take place here in New York (thus why USF has been eliminated).

I applied to Syracuse in late January and my application was marked as complete and in review 2 months ago. I still haven’t heard anything from Syracuse. My first question is if I haven’t heard anything by now, does that mean or hint something in terms of my applicant status ?

My second choice would be Pace, which has a transfer history with schools I am interested in exploring a transfer to such as USC and Fordham (would be for my second year) and . My LSAT falls above their 50th percentile (153) but my undergrad GPA is 2.89 (Grad school GPA of 3.67). Would my academic credentials grant me admission into Pace? I applied last week and the file is currently under review.

These questions lead me to Hofstra which is my third option. The 1st seat deposit of $400 is due next Monday. Should I pay it and hope that Pace and/or Syracuse get back to me before the second seat deposit is due for Hofstra (which is May 1st)? They offered me a waiver for both seat deposits (a total of $1000) which would bind me to matriculate to Hofstra and withdraw all my other applications but again, this is my third choice and if I got into the other two schools, I would go before I went here.

I know a lot of questions (3 in total) but any advice on this current situation will help! I think having some outside eyes on it could help me in my line of thinking. I do not want to pay the seat deposit but also do not want “screw” myself out of admission to a law school.