Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Explanations

tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
Can we start a page within our LR discussion category similar to Manhattan's LR explanations page, or do you guys think it's redundant because of the videos? I only have the starter pkg, which doens't include all the LR questions and explanations, so if I still have questions I normally go to Manhattan's page or ask here in our forum. We could follow the same format as Manhattan: Questions listed in chronological order as they are posted; 32-4-17 (ex. Idk if that's actually an LR section). Thoughts? Of course, if this requires too much for the Admins then I think we're fine just how we are. @"Dillon A. Wright"

Comments

• goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    I don't think that would be too much for the admins, however that would defeat the purpose of upgrading your package because most of what you get with the upgrade is more questions with more explanations. Also, this site is better than Manhattan in that you don't just get the admin's response, rather you get to post your question and receive many responses from students who present a wide variety of mindsets to attacking the question.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Given the way the forums are structured here I don't think this would really be the best use of anyone's time. Everything just gets lost in the shuffle because nobody checks the categories and everything is driven off of the most recent conversations, which is why we get people asking the same questions just days apart.

Furthermore, most people don't even change the category when they make a post so everything is already scattered. While the search function leaves a bit to be desired, if people are consistent in formatting their thread titles with PT#/S#/Q# then it shouldn't be too hard to bring up the info you want. And if you can't find it, we are always here to help regardless so don't worry about asking too many questions. For every person that asks a question, there are likely to be ten more people with the same question who don't want to ask for one reason or another. So really you're doing the site and the community a service by asking more questions.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Just a suggestion. I just think if there was a place to look and people knew about it there wouldn't be so many redundant questions. I wasn't initially aware of the search feature so rather than taking forever searching I would just ask knowing that the question had possibly already been asked. Just being honest. With the questions all posted in one spot one could see different people's perspectives and still be able to ask questions if you need more clarification. The questions would still pop up on the timeline as normal so they wouldn't be lost and anyone could reply just as now, not just admins. I'm not looking to upgrade my package. I understand that you'll get more explanations but you don't get all of them. At least I don't think so anyway. I'm ok with searching for the explanations or asking if I need more clarification. Thanks guys!