Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT exam in june

cpedolzkycpedolzky Core Member
in June 2024 LSAT 8 karma

Hello, I am a junior will be a senior next semester and I have been studying for the lSAT since January. I got the Kaplan book and read front to back, completed all the practice exams on kahn academy, have a tutor who i work with frequently, and have done many lessons to improve my scores but i am still in a range of 146-153 ( scored 153 once and it was my best otherwise i get 149,148,147,or 146 alot). Anyway im taking my very first lsat exam on june 7th and i feel like at this point im not going to do well. I have a 3.9 GPA playing Divison one soccer. I am very dedicated and really want to get into law school but have never been the best test taker. i never get to answer the last 5 LR questions normally to my best abilities because i am rushing with time. Im not sure what i should do at this point. I have spent so much money and feel like a lot of time to do well on this exam but if any one has any advice they could give me i would really appreciate it!

Comments

• katherine-9katherine-9 Live Member
    9 karma

As a former Kaplan person, ditch their "methods" and honestly switch to 7Sage. It's sooooo much better. I know you've already spent a lot on a tutor (not sure what they're making you do) but drilling a LOT is built into the 7Sage curriculum because they know its an absolute MUST to actually get any better. They also keep time of every drill, so you are always going to be thinking about how much time you're spending on questions. If LG isn't your best section, I would recommend postponing and just focusing on LR and RC. A score less than a 150 is not going to get you where you probably want to go, especially with your stellar GPA.

• qjy235qjy235 Core Member
    28 karma

If you have a tutor and cooperated with him/her for such a long time, and you still get a below 150. Then, This is problematic. Considering such outcomes, the tutor definitely did not help. It seems that you are not going to get a satisfying score in June. From my perspective, you should consider take more test later. I am not sure what your goal is, but I deduced that you may want a score like above 160. That could get you in some good law school. This is not that hard, you can even skip some hard questions and still get that score. I am sorry to tell you that I think you are not going to promote a lot before June. But you still have some time before like tests in October. It seems that you are somewhat in a financial situation. I think you can go without your tutor and just practice with 7sage's core curriculum. You can do it.

• Twerk4LSATTwerk4LSAT Live Member
    35 karma

If you have the time, I would consider taking a break. Let what you learned sink in a bit. Then come back with the 7Sage method. I took a Blueprint course (garbage and expansive horrible lol), and my score dropped 5 points from my diagnostic, so I know your pain. Since you already have some foundations and they arent working, I would suggest trying to build new ones. Think of your mind as a blank slate. Adopt a "you know nothing" mindset. Then, really take each beginning step seriously. For me, breaking into the 160s was about first being humble and slowly mastering the foundational lessons (and really, each lesson afterward is just an extension and practice of the foundations).

From just the 7Sage Core Curriculum, I broke into the 160s. I'm currently in the 170s, and I would say it is in part due to the course and hughly due to the community, although it requires self-discipline to do it alone.

The biggest advice I can give is to really slowly rip apart and dissect every part of the stimulus, questions, and passages. Mark the conclusions, premises, background info, and every single referential phrase for every single question until you don't even think about it. Comment on each question about why it is wrong (and if you can, what could you do to make it right, and if it would be acceptable for any other question type, for example, strengthen or weaken). When you can correctly dissect questions and answers like this, you will definitely see a quick improvement in my opinion within two or three PTs or drill sets.

When you're able to break the test down to its fundamental parts, and quickly, you will start to see the patterns of the test. It will also expose your gaps in logic and ability. You'll have something to compare against the correct answer and logic to see where you can improve.

If you don't have much time, I would recommend listening to their LSAT podcast. It answered some questions and made me feel more relaxed thinking about the test. Being relaxed and really stop caring so much about the score does wonders too.

Hope that helps! Good luck and keep your head up! If you ever want to study, I'd be down to show you how I BR. I'm currently looking at the June test as well and study at least 2-5 hours a day.