Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing-is there a "best" time to take it? Is earlier better?

rharper1793rharper1793 Core Member
in June 2024 LSAT 14 karma

Hi everyone, I'm taking the LSAT on June 7 remotely. I received the email from LSAC today saying that the LSAT Writing has opened up. Admittedly, I hadn't done much research on the LSAT Writing up until today, but this sentence in the email struck me: "Given the large volume of test takers, we strongly encourage you to complete your LSAT Writing as soon as it becomes available." I sort of scrambled today to figure out how to approach the LSAT Writing section, but I couldn't find anything on 7Sage or on the LSAT Reddit saying that there is a "better" day to take the writing section, or that taking it earlier is better. Is there something I'm missing? Is it better to take it earlier because there might be more proctors available? I don't really know anyone that has taken the LSAT or is a lawyer, so any insight is much appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• aka152aka152 Core Member
    13 karma

The writing section is recorded (screen, camera, and audio), but there isn't a live proctor. You can take it any day at whatever time works best for you. You can also do your writing sample after the test if you want to. They recommend taking it earlier so that it has plenty of time to get approved before score release, and so that you have time to retake it if there were any problems with your sample getting approved. If all goes smoothly, it usually doesn't take more than a few days. Just don't put it off until right before score release and you should be fine.

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    342 karma

I agree with @aka152 ... I took it before my actual test. Why? I was told that it will calm the test jitters. And they were right. The little taste was good for my nerves.

• cmaturacmatura Core Member
    19 karma

I took it a few days before my test and I think that worked pretty well. You shouldn't stress at all about it. I reviewed strategies day of and it went great. You need to have it reviewed and approved before you are able to see your LSAT Test scores so they recommend not waiting until after your Test to take the Writing.

• rharper1793rharper1793 Core Member
    14 karma

Thank you, everyone, for your help!