Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

struggling to translate blind review results into timed results

edited June 21 in General 38 karma

so i'm aware there are a few older posts on here about this topic, but was hoping that someone could chime in with new advice...

i'm averaging around 170-173 on blind review pts, and about 92-100% on RC and LR drills with 25 questions/4 passages (sometimes ~88% for the harder ones). however, my scores before blind review tend to hover around 165-67. i know that these are, by no means, bad scores, but i do want a higher score on the actual lsat (sept 2024).

my biggest problem for rc is that i tend to miss essential parts of the passage (that i do not realize are essential until i get to the questions), and end up having to a) go way over time or b) only get to thoroughly read the passage during blind review.

for lr, i panic about the time and end up not selecting an answer i'm confident with until blind review.

i know that comparing timed/untimed scores is one of the main goals of blind review, so i guess i'm also just asking about how to balance time and thoroughness.

i don't know if i need to just keep drilling (though i feel like i'm burning through questions and pts) or if there's some other trick!!

any tips would be appreciated :)