Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other visual learners/processors struggling with the RC passage format?

I'm a very visual learner/processor and the format of the RC passages on the screen is super frustrating to me. I wish there was a way you could see the passage in its entirety and the separation of paragraphs without having to scroll so much. Does anyone else struggle with this or have any recommendations?

Comments

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Live Member
    470 karma

At least on law hub, you can choose to see the passage in its entirety and I believe that they are set up like the real test. Is that what you mean?

• maura.chapmaura.chap Core Member
    12 karma

I had an IDENTICAL situation. I'm pretty sure your post here says exactly what I thought in my head when I started. I was frustrated because I also use the shape of the entire passage to help guide me. Being able to see the passage all at once helped my brain memorize where everything was and, in turn, what content was in what location. I recommend that you make the font size smaller, which helps, and practice ONLY on the screen. It will be difficult, but so worth it! I'm already getting much better at RC, which took practice, weaning myself off paper, and getting used to the screen. Best of luck to you!!

• carleyvillarosecarleyvillarose Live Member
    17 karma

@equallyyoked said:
    At least on law hub, you can choose to see the passage in its entirety and I believe that they are set up like the real test. Is that what you mean?

Thank you, I was wondering if maybe there is a different way to format it for the actual test and this is super helpful to know. I'll check it out!

• carleyvillarosecarleyvillarose Live Member
    17 karma

@"maura.chap" said:
    I had an IDENTICAL situation. I'm pretty sure your post here says exactly what I thought in my head when I started. I was frustrated because I also use the shape of the entire passage to help guide me. Being able to see the passage all at once helped my brain memorize where everything was and, in turn, what content was in what location. I recommend that you make the font size smaller, which helps, and practice ONLY on the screen. It will be difficult, but so worth it! I'm already getting much better at RC, which took practice, weaning myself off paper, and getting used to the screen. Best of luck to you!!

So glad to hear I'm not alone lol. that's a great idea to make the font smaller, I'm going to try that out. Best of luck to you as well!!