Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Focus Problem

ca13ca13 Alum Member

Hi there! I am having a horrible time focusing during RC, especially when it is last out of the 4 sections,
Any pointers or courses dedicated to concentration?

Comments

• alexmsayrealexmsayre Live Member
    27 karma

One of the best tips that I've heard for RC is pretend you're interested in the passage even if you aren't. It's definitely not easy to do, especially when you get to the end of a section, but it does help with retaining information.

• jmria2121jmria2121 Live Member
    25 karma

I have a huge problem with focus and i agree that it helps to pretend you're interested - like literally in your head go "hmmm, wow interesting!" it sounds silly but it helps to feign interest. And then I also like to in my head quickly summarize little chunks that are really dense. it's tough to do when you have so little time to read a passage but i think it's worth taking two or three seconds to have that internal dialogue.

• beyondpossumbeyondpossum Live Member
    89 karma

Imagine a younger relative you like really wants it explained to them, but needs your help in understanding. Read like you're preparing to explainm