Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about obsolete prep tests

nathanwilson923nathanwilson923 Core Member
in General 5 karma

Hello, I took my second prep test today and took the digital version from may 2020. However, I am taking the test in September after the logic games are removed, so I took it under the "current format" The test had three LR sections and one reading comprehension section.

I am wondering how it works when obsolete tests are changed to current ones.

I am also wondering if this affects the difficulty of the test as I have not studied even half of the LR question formats but I did ridiculously well, far better than my diagnostic test.

Thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• beyondpossumbeyondpossum Live Member
    89 karma

Each new-style prep test cannibalizes from 2 old -style tests (a Google search often reveals which).

Nobody knows yet how new live tests will compare in difficulty to old ones. If LSAC doesn't make any changes to the content of RC or LR, then the difference will be like that between the old style prep tests and the new ones. Consensus is that these tests are easier to get grip on (because no LG means no grinding to learn a totally new and alien content) but harder to master (because LR and especially RC have far more diversity, idiosyncrasies, and argubly even occasionally problematic questions). However, LSAC may be interested in toughening LR and RC. It particularly seems plausible that they would add more formal LR questions: "quantitative" questions (involving comparative proportional, universal, or existential concepts), and also more tricky derivations/deductions, since the most formal part of the test is now gone. Whether this change would make the test easier or harder would depend on your strengths and weaknesses.