Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FINALLY got into the 170s!!

maggie.02maggie.02 Core Member
in General 43 karma

My highest score so far has been a 169, and I just got a 176 on my most recent practice test. I'm not sure whether I should trust such a dramatic jump but I'm excited to see what happens from here! It feels like all of the work I've put in is finally starting to pay off!!

Comments

• jsbutt03jsbutt03 Core Member
    10 karma

HELL YEAH! Congrats, and keep up the good work!!

• ldjlsjflsjdlfkjsldjlsjflsjdlfkjs Core Member
    4 karma

omg CONGRATS !! but how long were u stuck in the high 160's ??? i've been stuck for SOOO long

• sevanawenn01sevanawenn01 Core Member
    edited July 29 3 karma

Congrats!! What do you think helped you break the plateau? I've been scoring in the high 160s for like a month now and would really appreciate any advice lol

• maggie.02maggie.02 Core Member
    43 karma

i've been in the 160s since i started studying in early may! i think the things that helped me most were consistency and timing. i schedule a block of time to study every day, which has really helped me stay on top of everything. i also started ignoring the clock on drills (and on PTs as much as i can) to really focus on understanding questions and answer choices. JY always says that understanding why wrong answers are wrong is just as important as understanding why right answers are right, and i think there's a lot of truth to that. i also try to set aside a ton of time for blind review so i can fully think through each answer choice again. it's been more helpful to me to focus on questions that i got wrong and why i got them wrong than to keep drilling more