Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What is the purpose of a wrong answer journal - 7Sage Forum

What is the purpose of a wrong answer journal

ConnorC80ConnorC80 Core Member
in General 56 karma

I have just completed an analysis of my first practice test, and I'm writing things down in my wrong answer journal using 7sage. There's only a handful of questions I'm going to come back to in the future, other than that why do I use a wrong answer journal?

Comments

• broussardvaliantbroussardvaliant Core Member
    19 karma

Honestly, I wouldn't ever really review my wrong answer journal. It's more of a tool to make sure you're keeping yourself accountable to learning the lessons in the questions you missed. You can't "fake" writing it down - it being exactly why you picked the wrong answer, and why you didn't pick the right answer.

Our brains have evolved to think in very general broad strokes - it makes sense, it's faster than thinking about everything in detail. But unfortunately, that doesn't serve you when trying to learn about your mistakes on the LSAT. This is what the wrong answer journal is for. It's for keeping yourself accountable to writing down the reasons you got something wrong instead of leaning on the broad general strokes that your brain comes up with when watching an explanation videos.

Also, if you don't want to write out the wrong answer journal, I would dictate it. It's much faster.