Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Seeking advice on a lower score - 7Sage Forum

Seeking advice on a lower score

yokk2440yokk2440 Alum Member
edited August 28 in General 12 karma

Hi everyone. I apologize in advance if this question has already been addressed, as it likely has, but I haven't found enough information to fully determine what I should do about the lower LSAT score I received today.

Regrettably, I have taken the LSAT 6 times this past year (this fact itself might require an addendum). Despite going overboard and being generally impatient, my trajectory has been a good one, at least until today: cancellation > 163 > 164 > 169 > 171 > 166. To my eyes, the 166 completely devalues the 171 that I had just a month before. And yet I've resolved to not cancel the score. Instead, I've been considering bringing up the drop in score in an addendum. However, I'm not confident that the explanation, reasonable as it is to me, is good enough to warrant an addendum. I was just feeling a ill the morning of the exam and my brain fogged a lot more than usual. Panic also set in when I realized that I couldn't focus on the exam at all. Alternatively, I could just not bring up the drop in score at all and to not shine any undue spotlight onto it. Mostly, I want the adcoms to know that I feel that the upwards trend truly represents my abilities, not the one blip at the end of it. But I worry that stating it so baldly without good reason might do my application a disservice. Any thoughts?

Thank you for any help you might have.