Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking advice on drastic range between actual PrepTest score v. Blind Review score

asetakeslsatasetakeslsat Live Member
in General 9 karma

Does anyone have advice on how to narrow the range between the score of a timed PrepTest vs the score after blind review? I'm consistently getting a range of about 10 points between both and it is discouraging.

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited October 2023 797 karma

When I started out and for many others I know it was like +15 or even a few +20s, so don't get discouraged! Having a drastically higher BR number is not actually a bad thing, it shows you understand the questions, you just need to understand them quicker. In order to train this, I started only doing timed sections, and would even cut down time a little to push myself to go faster on this test. I also focused on exactly what led to me taking so much time on each specific question I did. I would ask myself if it was due to brain fatigue, misreading a word or misunderstanding the stimulus, etc.

Hope this helps!

• goatmilkgoatmilk Alum Member
    edited October 2023 18 karma

Hi, I'm also working my way through this same issue. One of the 7sage tutors - I think Raphael - gave me good advice on this. Practice timed sections for sure (like AlegxLSAT said) -- repetition under timed conditions so you get used to what pace you have to go at. Raphael also suggested practicing on just easy questions first which I have found super helpful! I create drills for myself with just EASIEST / EASIER level questions (this has been for LR practice I should note) -- with 20-25 questions, all easy level, and that has really helped my brain to 'warm up' and learn patterns, get used to the speed, etc. Then I do drills with a mix of easy/medium, then easy/med/hard, etc.

Maybe this was just me, but I realized I actually wasn't practicing that many full-sized timed LR sections (bc I hate them but I'm trying to pretend I love them) and so this has been a great way to sort of ease into them and make them less daunting + practice the core pattern-identifying and reasoning skills.

I also agree with AlexgLSAT said that a higher BR is a good thing -- it means you understand the core curriculum and the actual meat of the material! so don't let it discourage you! i like to think/hope that improving speed is easier than improving the initial material comprehension. Hope this helps maybe!