Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Is the answer for NA always linked to the conclusion of the stimulus? - 7Sage Forum

Is the answer for NA always linked to the conclusion of the stimulus?

J ArangoJ Arango Core Member

I have been doing a couple of NA questions and I have noticed that the right answer choice sometimes sounds stupid but most of the time is linked to something said in the conclusion. Would this always be the case? Is the right answer for NA questions always linked to something that was mentioned in the conclusion?

Comments

• angolomio34angolomio34 Core Member
    80 karma

Just negate each answer and see it it destroys the argument.

• njcarrion03njcarrion03 Live Member
    16 karma

The assumption is basically something that must be true to make the argument true. The assumption is supposed to connect the argument to the premises by filling in a gap. So yes my friend, your thoughts process is correct. I second what angolomio says. Negating a statement that destroyed the argument of a necessary assumption question will be the correct one.

• randyrt2024randyrt2024 Core Member
    2 karma

I have seen NA questions that were not linking questions at all. Some are questions with answers that simply defend the argument with a random assumption that must be true for the argument to work.