Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endurance training back to back PTs

JurisDorktorateJurisDorktorate Core Member
in General 117 karma

Looking to build a little stamina come test day and so took two 3-section PT's back to back this week, 6 sections in total. Has anyone else tried taking more than 4 sections in the same day and seen any improvement in their score because of it? What is the most sections you have taken back to back before?

Number of Timed Sections
  1. What is the most timed sections you've taken in a single session under testing conditions?34 votes
    1. 3 or less
      20.59%
    2. 4
      58.82%
    3. 5
        2.94%
    4. 6
        8.82%
    5. 7 or more
        8.82%

Comments

• mayy ayymayy ayy Core Member
    4 karma

Honestly, as someone who is currently trying to build said stamina, I think doing x amount of sections back to back will reflect well on your score more indirectly, and in the longterm.

That is, I think when you increase the pt/sections load to more than you are used to, or try to go faster, you might get more Qs wrong because its new extra pressure that your mind is not yet adjusted to, but eventually your mind might adjust to the workload and the pressure, and so the number of wrongs you get will eventually decrease.

all of this is to say, I think increasing stamina is felt more than seen, and sometimes demands overlooking how many Qs you are getting wrong in the short-run (aka don't be discouraged), and hopefully it builds up and you can have both stamina and accuracy.

• JurisDorktorateJurisDorktorate Core Member
    117 karma

Yes, the goal is that there is overall less mental fatigue by the end of section 4.