Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well....going to have to push back to September.

TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
in General 1723 karma

I started back up in January after graduating and moving and was hoping to be ready for the June exam. But with my new commitment to do this right the 2nd time round, it has taken me a lot longer to get through the CC. Plus, I have been really influenced by everyone on here to try and master the concepts better and I feel betting on myself in September will get me to my target score (168-170 range).

I hope this post helps those who are debating on pushing things back a bit. It sucks but I feel like I have a better shot at doing taking this test once and being done. There is nothing wrong with admitting you're not where you need to be if that helps you arrive at your final destination in the long run.


  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma

    @akeegs92 you made the right choice, thanks for sharing. I also ended up postponing and delayed going to law school for a year. It was one of the best decision I made in my life :)

  • annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

    I'm in the same boat, started my prep, but have reevaluated and going to postpone to Sept as well. We can't rush this!

  • TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

    Thanks @"Not Ralph Nader" I definitely hope I don't have to push back law school back another year again. I'm extremely focused on applying this fall. I'm almost done with the CC but I know the mastery part will be next and I just know with 2 months and change to go before the June test, I won't be ready.

    I'm definitely encouraged by your experience of pushing the test back. I'd like to get a scholarship and if I hit my target, I will be in line for a pretty decent one with the schools I'm looking at.

  • TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

    @attalla253 Exactly! You only get a couple of shots at this. I'd rather bet on myself and my commitment than take a test in June that I may not be prepared for because I rushed myself and left a ton of potential on the table.

  • JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

    @akeegs92 hey don't sweat it! You made the right decision by not taking it when you aren't ready. I know the feeling of pushing it back but generally giving yourself the time you need is the best thing you can do for your prep. You're in a great spot and there's nothing wrong with your decision!

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

    Great choice! I've never heard anyone regret giving themselves more time to prep and take this test. 99% of regrets with the LSAT are people who wished that they had started earlier and had more time to prep! Congrats on making the hardest, but ultimately the best choice for your law school future.

  • TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

    Thanks @JustDoIt and @"Alex Divine"! I appreciate the support! I definitely feel better about being able to get a high score now with a couple more months to master everything.

  • TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

    Good choice! I'm in the same boat. been studying for over a year and want to take in June but am thinking about pushing to September for more PT time

  • sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma

    @"Not Ralph Nader" said:
    @akeegs92 you made the right choice, thanks for sharing. I also ended up postponing and delayed going to law school for a year. It was one of the best decision I made in my life :)

    Same here! :) Best of luck, everyone.

  • spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    edited March 2017 772 karma

    I am kind of in the same boat! I started the CC mid January. I registered for June and everything. Totally thought I could pull a 4.0 with taking 12 units, work 25 hours a week at a firm, and study sufficiently. Definitely have found out the hard way that that is NOT possible lol. I am behind according to my schedule for the Core Curriculum and unless I am miraculously PTing at 165-168 range after I finish, I'm definitely pushing it to September. It was super difficult to grasp at first and I was really stressed out. But like you, I would much rather take it once and do it right. Happy studying :blush:

  • TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

    Thanks @sarahmelton6 and @spitzy11. Its tough but I know we'll all fare better when we take it when we're ready.

  • Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    391 karma

    I guess i have to call it quits on June 2017 as well. It is better to take it when fully prepared. Thanks for sharing here, everyone.

  • aimhigheraimhigher Alum Member
    100 karma

    Definitely glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggled on this and ultimately decided on pushing back as well. Let me know if you (or anyone else deciding to take Sept one instead) is interested in forming a study group or becoming study buddies!

  • H.al1997H.al1997 Member
    318 karma

    Same. I started in January and I've only completed 22% of the CC. I already paid for June (which I regret), but I'm thinking that September won't be enough time. I know December would be perfect, but I'm scared I mess up. It's also risky since not many Canadian schools take February, and I want to apply for Fall 2018. Idk.

  • cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
    190 karma

    Hey i totally feel ya. I've been pushing the LSAT back for a while now. I'm still in undergrad and I'm graduating in December 2017. Initially I planned for June 2016 LSAT, then June 2017 and now I'm hoping for September 2017, but who knows nowadays right? lol I totally feel ya. Just keep on!! Good luck!!

  • FiestaNextDoorFiestaNextDoor Alum Member
    edited March 2017 127 karma

    I'm in a similar position and am leaning towards taking September as well. I started my CC studying in mid-october, took my LSAT in February. I ended up doing a little bit shy of what I wanted to hit. I knew I wasn't at my peak though, and that I could have used another month of studying. I just thought I would be able to rise to the occasion lol.. either way, now I've been deciding if I want to gear up again in June and bust it out, or give myself more time and take in Sept. I just want to get it done right, and not feel rushed. I think you're making a good decision.

  • TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

    I'm glad I could help y'all not feel bad about pushing it back. It shows maturity and a true grasp of where you are at. Studying for school and this is tough as well. I actually was in that boat a year ago and ultimately decided to push the LSAT off till after graduation. It hurt but I felt like once I just had work and the test, then I would be able to really focus on this.

    @mnr12345 Hey! You can transfer test dates! I did that last year from June to September. I think it was $75 but I'm not sure; could be more. It will at least save you some money. You may not be able to do that yet because September may not be open to register but I thought I'd throw it out there.

  • H.al1997H.al1997 Member
    318 karma

    Thanks @akeegs92 I think it's $90 US and it opens up sometime in April. I have to double check though. I tried emailing them to see if they would waive it, but they said no lol.

  • TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

    @mnr12345 Anytime! Yeah, LSAC likes their money. They'll nickel and dime you as much as they can haha

Sign In or Register to comment.