Value of lower # PTs

Hi everyone,

Just finished the 7sage instruction curriculum. Now onto PTing: for the Dec exam, my plan was to go PT 36-75 every other day, and review some material on the days in between (or look at stuff like Trainer drills/flaw section). My diagnostic was not very high, 148, but I got a 154 the other day (yay for me...) anyways I was wondering if you guys think I should try to start at the lower pts, (before 36) ? I know JY says they're not really a good representation of the current exam but maybe it could help if I start a little lower and did a PT every day? What do you guys think? I'd appreciate the advice. And thanks everyone for the advice you've given so far. As you can tell I'm kind of an LSAT noob.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You've already seen a lot of material from 1-35 from going through the curriculum so it's really best to use those for subsequent drilling to complement your PT work in 36+. Everything 36+ is guaranteed fresh at this point and that's the best way to start.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"granny_smith" said:
    go PT 36-75 every other day
    Burn out warning

In my experience, 3 PT's a week is a hard maximum. And a yucky maximum if you sustain it for too long. 2-a-week is the sweet spot in my opinion, with an occasional 3-a-week stretch if necessary. I'm in 2 3-a-week weeks at the moment and it just makes it very difficult to do all of it well. And diminishing returns are very real.
    @"granny_smith" said:
    anyways I was wondering if you guys think I should try to start at the lower pts, (before 36)
    Don't bother. If you need to retake for some reason after December, you can always take these PT's then if you're just itching for something to do. We don't need to take more than 40 PT's.

Exception is the LG bundle. Do LG from 1-75. Maximize your exposure to LG. I care less about perfecting each game and more about laying eyes on every game variation. Insert a LG section into each PT you do as your "experimental."
  • granny_smithgranny_smith Member
    91 karma
    thanks. hadn't thought of doing that with the logic games section!