Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goal Reached, now stagnant?

bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
edited September 2015 in General 522 karma
Hey guys,

So I've done 21 PTs now, and the one I just did today I got 161. My goal LSAT score is exactly 160+, and I've been getting that almost every time in the past 10 tests, and high 150s in the ones before that.

I have 5 LSATs left, and I'm wondering what I should do. I have basically reached my goal, and I honestly don't think I can even do any better. Take today for example, I did PT 66, and went -4 in games, -6 on both LRs, and -8 in RC. I literally guessed that those would be the scores as I was taking it, a -8 on RC is fairly good for me, and whenever I get that or under, I almost always do well on the actual PT.

-6 in LRs is another thing I don't think I can improve any further. I haven't done BR yet, but I most likely messed up one easy mark question due to topic context being confusing or mis-read, and the rest 5 were probably 5 star questions that I can't even get right during BR.

-4 in Games is something that I think I can fix, although I'm willing to bet one of those was a substitution and equivalence question that I just circled guessed and moved on. The rest of the wrong ones are from me rushing to get all the games done on time.

So what I'm really asking is what's the best way I can make use of the time I have left. I feel like if I do the remaining 5 PTs, they will be 160s, but is that really helping me for Oct? Maybe I should drill some of my weaknesses like RC and not do more?

Note I print off the entire LSAT over again for BR, and I generally average 167 for it, but regardless my actual PT score has been low 160s for as long as I can remember. Can't seem to get past it. I've heard that there is another transition when everything suddenly starts to click, but I feel like I'm just doing rinse repeat on every lsat.

I just need some guidance.

Comments

• lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2015 379 karma
    space out the 5 pts and drill baby drill. and be positive you can improve!! BECCAUSE YOU CAN! we have 3.5 weeks left!!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You really need to dive into your analytics to figure out where to focus for LR... And that -4 should really be a -1 or better before you're testing or you're just giving points away.

Go back over the last five tests you took and take all the LR questions you got wrong and take 25 at a time and make a new LR section and then use that as a 5th section when doing the rest of the PTs.

I would also do 1-2 LG sections from 1-35 per day separate from your PTs to make sure you get that locked down...
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    @Pacifico said:

Go back over the last five tests you took and take all the LR questions you got wrong and take 25 at a time and make a new LR section and then use that as a 5th section when doing the rest of the PTs.
    omfg that is amazing
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Keep drilling games. -4 is too close to being perfect and you don't wanna let it sit there. Other than that, @Pacifico's advice is great and you should follow it.

Almost there! Good luck!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I can virtually guarantee if you use the "25 previously wrong LR questions" as your 5th section and you do it first, you will think the other two LR sections on that PT are insanely easy by comparison no matter how difficult they actually are. Even cracking two thirds correct feels amazing despite having seen and reviewed the questions before.