Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts desperately needed!!!

rockytoralrockytoral Alum Member
edited September 2015 in General 149 karma
I bought the intro course about a week ago and I'm scheduled to take the LSAT in October. I took a practice test today and scored a 152, and after applying the blind review method a 157. My goal is to get in the 160s range. Should I postpone taking the test in December?

Does anyone know from experience if it's possible to get in the 160 range within two weeks?

If anyone has been able to do this please share your recommendations to get there! My toughest section is LR.

Much appreciated guys!

Comments

• splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    Possible but very unlikely, I think. I'd be targeting December, in which case I'd be pretty confident in you hitting 160 if you bust your ass.
  • sharine.xuansharine.xuan Alum Member
    13 karma
    I think it depends on how much time you have dedicated to studying? I'm in the same boat, taking the October LSAT. I took 4 weeks off from work just to study. I don't see why not, as long as you have the time available to you.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2015 7965 karma
    @rockytoral said:
    Should I postpone taking the test in December?
    Without question. Cancel October while you can.

To give you a sense of scale ... My diagnostic was also a 152. That was over a year ago. I didn't get into the mid 160's until I completed a curriculum (and I took my sweet time doing that—about 4 months of ~15-20 hours/week).

I'm sorry that you're in this situation. It sounds like the difficulty of the LSAT has caught you a bit by surprise? My condolences. December could be feasible for you if you sink your teeth into the curriculum and start taking 2-3 PT's per week after you've finished it.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    No need to rush it! Give yourself the best possible chance at getting your highest score. That probably means taking the test in December, so the sooner you accept that, the sooner you can make a plan to crush Dec'15!
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I was in the same boat, and still am pretty much. Diagnostic in the mid 140s, completed the curriculum. I'm 22 tests in and am struggling to get to 160. I've hit it twice, but they were retakes. I've been stuck in the 154-158 range for what seems like forever. But, the positive side is my BR is 168+ and has gotten to 178 a couple of time. I've come to my wits end numerous times, but you have to hold the course and keep on keeping on. I need a 160+ and would love a 166 which prompted me to move it to December.
  • rockytoralrockytoral Alum Member
    149 karma
    Thank you everyone!! Very insightful comments. I have decided to postpone the test