Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law Passages are so hard :(

nmjohnson30nmjohnson30 Free Trial Member
Hi Everyone! This is my first time writing in the forums. I am totally struggling with understanding Law passages in Reading Comprehension and I'm not sure what to do. I am taking the October LSAT and I am trying to clean up some of the areas that are hard for me. Any suggestions?

Comments

• mikekorenmikekoren Member
    3 karma
    The RC is tough. I would look at eating the $90 and rescheduling for Dec maybe if you are still having a difficult time grasping the material. Other then that, practice practice!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    That's because ....

Pro-tip: Best way to improve on RC is to read a lot of RC. Go to Cambridge RIGHT NOW and get the Law RC packet. I'd say you do 12 passages (3 sections), time each 4 as 35 minute section, and then read the passages again to get practice reading. Rinse/repeat as you feel led. Just a thought. You'll get better. And try to actually learn the material (like, do you know what the difference between common law and civil law is?) because knowledge of the subject matter is helpful. So if you learn what due process is, for instance, from an RC passage, then that will be another arrow in your quiver. But limit it to RC passages, IMO, and likely only passages within a "range" this close to the test. Otherwise you will get overwhelmed.
  • nmjohnson30nmjohnson30 Free Trial Member
    11 karma
    Thank you! This is all really helpful!
  • 131 karma
    Go to Harvard, Columbia, school-of-your-choice's law reviews, print out some of their articles, and do the Memory Method with them! This has helped me! Law is also my worst RC subject
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/

Definitely memory method some of these as well. The Volokh Conspiracy is the best law blog on the Internet. Must read for all lawyers and aspiring lawyers.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Just read the article about Google Books/Library. I suppose reading one legal article a day would serve rather beneficial for all of us here. Thx @"Accounts Playable"
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    I did what @nicole.hopkins said. Literally printed out 4 sections, worked as a 35 min section. BR and watched videos for further explanation. It helped tremendously. Law passaged are super hard but can start to feel like fun after adequate practice. Infact that applies to the entire exam after a while lolol LSAT IS FUN YAS GO LSAT NERDS.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @amipp170 said:
    LSAT IS FUN YAS GO LSAT NERDS
    Have you patented this yet? I'd like to print up some T-shirts.
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    @nye8870 go for it LOL
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    http://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-supreme-court this website also works. It has lots of cases and supreme court opinions. It also give you the feeling of being a lawyer.