Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge differences in AM/PM PTs

badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
in General 316 karma
So basically.....when I wake up before my class to take a PT at 8 AM, I score 5-10 points lower than my PM tests around 2-4 PM. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure how to overcome this difference because I drink coffee and get the sleep, but I don't want to face this on test day. I mean, how long am I supposed to be awake before PTing?

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2015 1294 karma
    Here's a good article covering this topic:

http://lsatblog.blogspot.ca/2010/05/lsat-studying-early-morning-good.html

Your brain is pretty much in sleep mode and it wont kick out of that until a couple hours after you wake up. Try waking up for 6 AM if you want to take a PT at 8 AM.
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    thank you so much this is great!
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I read somewhere once that it takes about an hour to wake up. I find that my mind is super groggy if I wake up on Saturday to PT and I don't go to the gym beforehand! I would give yourself a few hours beforehand... maybe do something that really wakes you up instead of just drinking coffee :)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Cortisol levels need time to peak after you wake up. Give yourself a good 2-3 hours before you PT and yes, do eat and get some exercise to wake your adrenals up.