Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Efficiency

goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
in General 531 karma
What should I be doing to ensure that my time studying is utilized in an efficient manner? After finishing the 7sage course I took 4 PT's 19-22 I am averaging in the 150's with BR's in the 160's. I do not want to waste PT's. What should I be doing at this point, drilling, or continue PT'ing? I currently stopped PT'ing and decided to drill my LR weaknesses as well as logic games. My logic games is still terrible, but I just recently started getting into deep Logic games drilling and understanding. I am using the fool proof method and getting better, but I am def still terrible.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

Do this with full sections until you're consistently under -2. Do a little LR work to keep your skills sharp. Then go back to full PTs. Also make sure you do clean copy BR.
    8021 karma
    Also, stop using PTs from before 36 for full PTs since you'll be seeing a lot of stuff that was in the curriculum from 1-35 if you use the latter for PTs. Plus you're going to need the early stuff for drilling LG and everything else.
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    @Pacifico I actually did not drill too many of the questions in the curriculum. I did some but just to learn the basics, so I am not really seeing many questions that I saw previously, however I did decide to stop using the older PT's because, as you said, I needed drilling material. Also, I am actually using the method you discuss in your post, so I will continue with that. Thanks.
    531 karma
    @Pacifico any specific game type I should focus on first? Currently, I just have a large folder and I just pick out a game from each game type packe and do the games timed.

You must forgive my atrocious grammar and spelling mistakes, I am typing this from my phone, and I have been waking up everyday at 5:30am.
    8021 karma
    At this point just do the full sections from each PT if you have them. I think figuring out what type of game each game is and what the setup should be is a necessary part of drilling and practice so drilling by type kind of cheats at that since you know going in it's a double layer sequencing game, or a grouping game with a chart.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Totally agree with @Pacifico. I'll just add that an important litmus test you must meet is being really good at sequencing games. I know they're often the most straight forward, but don't neglect them because of that. You should really be finishing most simple sequencing games in 5-6 (maybe 7) minutes so you can have time for the harder games on the test.
    531 karma
    @Pacifico gotcha, thanks. @c.janson35 I absolutely agree with you. Most of the more difficult sections start out with a simple sequencing that should be done in under 5mins so that you have time for the rest of the games, and I definitely know not to neglect them.