Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Statement Help

harrismeganharrismegan Member
in General 2074 karma
Today is the day. I am going to sit down and .... start..... my personal statements. I've applied to a program before, but I'm just not sure what to write or if I'm on track.

I know this may be weird, but does anyone have a PS they'd be okay with letting me read? I just want a general sense of one, to make sure I'm even kind of on track. Or... does anyone know of a place I could go for a reference/help?

Thanks a bunch :D

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    .... I just noticed I purchased the PS bundle with 7Sage..... so I guess I will check that out. Has anyone been through that portion of the course?
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=18

People post their drafts here for people to criticize. I admit I lurk on there too...
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    so I guess I will check that out. Has anyone been through that portion of the course?
    Yeah, I have, it's pretty interesting and will give you an overview and a push in the right direction of where to begin.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    but does anyone have a PS they'd be okay with letting me read?
    Yes :)

I will PM it to you!
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Thanks guys!! @nicole.hopkins will read it!!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @nikamaclein said:
    you can go to specialized websites where they offer to write what ever you need instead of you. there's a lot of resources of that kind but if you're way too inexperienced then go to https://papersmaster.com/ and if you can't afford to order your personal statement then you can at least find some instructions how to write it by yourself.
    DO NOT DO THIS!

Not only is this a terrible way to start out a career in law, but you actually do need to be able to write effectively in law school and as a lawyer so please don't encourage people to take bullshit shortcuts because how are you going to survive legal writing if you can't write a 2 page essay about yourself?