Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

okaycoolokaycool Free Trial Member
in General 5 karma
Just discovered 7sage after spending appx 2k on a prep course and Powerscore books. I have been prepping on and off since January-May and almost every day from June-now and have only managed to increase about 10pts (which fluctuates). I am taking the October test & I have zero motivation left. I actually want to get the test out of the way because I feel like I have reached my limit and cannot improve. This is sad to say since going into prepping, I was so motivated to get to my ideal score.

That being said, has anyone gone through this situation? I don't really know anyone taking the LSAT, that is why I am so happy to have found 7sage, even though I did so too late.

Comments

• legally_chelslegally_chels Alum Member
    206 karma
    Hey there!
    I have to say this and you may not like it.. but I strongly suggest you not take the October test and instead sign up for the December test. Trust me on this. I made that mistake of taking the February LSAT earlier this year even though I knew I wasn't ready to take it. I ended up scoring a 146 and hating my life. Months flew by and it wasn't until the first week of this month where I discovered 7Sage and 100% re-committed myself to studying for the LSAT. I know you say you have 0 motivation left.. but once you start this course, things will begin to click! Before nothing was making sense to me. I was using the Powerscore books and the LSAT Trainer and none of it made anything easier for me to understand (of course I was also half-assing most of the time and not studying so hard). However, this course has me engaged and eager to learn more. Now when I do an LR section under timed conditions, I am able to go -0 or -1 per LR section! That is something I couldn't have done before. I can't say much for RC or LG yet because i'm not on that part of the curriculum yet but from what I've so far done, I KNOW I will improve on those as well! This is all of course a suggestion, but I do hope you take it into mind. Don't rush yourself into taking a test you are not 100% prepared for. After all, do you want to take out student loans to pay for your law school education, or would you rather be patient and continue to study and score possibly in the 170s range AND get scholarships offered to you from each law school? Just something to think about :) what's 3 more months anyway! (technically less now) lol..
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @chelsea.bashi said:
    the LSAT Trainer
    Just want to say ... We are HUGE fans of the LSAT Trainer around here and it has @"J.Y. Ping" 's wholehearted endorsement. I'm sorry you weren't able to quantify your personal benefit from it in the past—but I would argue that, as you yourself stated, that was more a factor of the reception (the commitment to studying) at that time, with no reflection on the work's own quality.

Perhaps you will derive more benefit from the materials (7sage included) now that you have rediscovered your commitment to studying.
  • okaycoolokaycool Free Trial Member
    5 karma
    @chelsea.bashi said:
    I am able to go -0 or -1 per LR section! That is something I couldn't have done before.
    You have given me some inspiration and sparked a little motivation in me! I thank you for that! As far as pushing it back to December, I have given thought to the idea and talked to my prep course instructor. She basically said not to since I am applying for fall 2016 and would not get the upper hand of early admissions. I am quite skeptical about that though, so probably will postpone as you say.

@nicole.hopkins said:
    . We are HUGE fans of the LSAT Trainer around here
    I bought it about a week ago. At this point, I have only read the flaw sections and it has helped me understand a lot, especially NAs and SAs. Will definitely read through it more. Thank you!

Now, will it be possible to go through the basic course between now and December with room for PTs? I would love to increase about 10 pts to get to my ideal score range.
    7965 karma
    @okaycool said:
    my ideal score range.
    It depends on what your goal score is.
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    @okaycool a few extra points will be much more valuable than an early application
    206 karma
    @okaycool yes I would definitely still postpone. For the most part, most law schools have early decision deadlines for as late as mid December or January! Plus more scholly money is better than paying a huge price for law school. Good luck! Let me know if you need help with anything or if you have questions!!!!! :)
    206 karma
    I'm also applying for fall 2016 but regular decision apps aren't due til April so I'm in no rush. December isn't too late at all to take the test. I would suggest though having your apps all ready to send after you take the LSAT. That way when the score is released you can immediately send in your apps! :)
  • NathanialNathanial Alum Member
    124 karma
    agreed. the better the score, the better your chances. As @chelsea.bashi said, have your essays and all apps ready to go when you get your score :)
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2015 2398 karma
    You may not get the upper hand with an early admission, but you'll certainly get the upper hand with a higher score and a better application.
    7965 karma
    @chelsea.bashi said:
    most law schools have early decision deadlines for as late as mid December or January
    I'd be very careful with that "most" statement. From what I've seen, many (if not most) have early decision deadlines on November 1st or 15th.

Be sure to double check all deadlines for each school.