Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT28 S3 Q04

TheBatmanTheBatman Alum Member
Regarding *PT28 S3 Q04*

The question reads: "Each of the following is supported by the information above except:"

Can someone explain why "A" is the right answer. It sounds like the passage/"information above" supports this answer choice by saying "Raising the humidity of a room protects... computers from damage cause by excessively dry air." Based on that information, it seems like the passage is saying that "Humidity can be bad for computers." But, that is not supposed to be the case. I wrongly chose "C" because I thought passage does not say how dry air feels compared to humid air of the same temperature. I did not see a comparison made.

Let me know :)

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    A is the right answer because all we know is that air that's too dry can harm computers, and we can rectify this situation by raising the humidity. We don't know anything about humidity and computers other than the fact that raising the humidity can protect computers. There's no support at all for the idea that humidity can be bad for computers.

Also note that raising the humidity makes the air less dry. This might be what's tripping you up.

Hope this helps!