PT67.S3.Q04 (G1) - five students

steve-10steve-10 Alum Member
edited November 2016 in Logic Games 192 karma
In PT 67 S3 G1 Q4, JY determines that "(A)" is correct for a "which one must be false?" question, and then says, "and you can check the rest; you should check the rest [my emphasis]." Now as we fans of JY know, he very often does not check the rest in order to save -- shall I say not to waste? -- time. What criterion should I use in deciding whether to check the rest?

Comments

• steve-10steve-10 Alum Member
    192 karma
    In this case, the only purpose of checking I can think of is to discover whether our diagram is flawed because it leaves us without an answer -- please correct me if I'm wrong about that. If so, it's certainly a valid purpose, but is the time trade-off worth it?
  • steve-10steve-10 Alum Member
    192 karma
    Meta: I posted this question here rather than as a comment on the game because those comments don't seem to get much attention. Please let me know if I'm out of line.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping so more people see.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"steve-10" said:
    What criterion should I use in deciding whether to check the rest?

Confidence, question type, and time left.

If the question is a must be false and I find one that must be false, I'll circle it and come back to check the rest of the answers at the end if I have time. This is assuming I am >90% confident I am right.

Now, on the other hand, If it is a "complete and accurate list" question then I check them all.