50.4.8 Otis: Aristotle's principle of justice

Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
I still don't see how B is the basis for disagreement. Otis would definitely say "yes" to answer choice B, but in my mind, Tyra gives no opinion or "yes" as well. Tyra explicitly says that she accepts Aritisotle's principle of justice, so how would she disagree with answer choice B? Where does Tyra comment on the fact that the situations aren't relevantly similar?

I eliminate B and chose D (which I really didn't like since the passage didn't talk about "asking" nor that dentists should always accept after hours appointments; why can't they accept no after hours appointments?). I just couldn't get myself to choose B.

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I think it's implicit in Tyra's response. She says she accepts Aristotle's principle of justice but does not believe that it is wrong for dentists to do favors for family or friends but not everyone else. Why does she say this? Because that's what friends are--people whom you would do special favors for. There is a special relationship between friends that is different from the general public. Because there is this inherent difference, the two situations are not considered similar. One is a special relationship between friends, another is a normal relationship between two people in the general public. Thus, there is an inherent dissimilarity between the two cases that Tyra believes based on her response that one of them is special.