Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Building Mental Endurance

MConner16MConner16 Member
in General 78 karma
I just began the prep test intensive part of the curriculum and I'm finding that mental endurance seems to be a major issue for me during the 3rd and 4th sections (regardless of type of section). Is this something that just gets better with practice or are there things you recommend doing as well?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2015 3438 karma
    You do get better at it with practice but also... this worked for me... start stitching together sections... do 6 section tests... with a break after 4 sections... (do this with the older tests) and then with a break after 3 ( you need to do this because in the actual test your break will be after 3 sections - you need to deal with restarting after broken momentum post 3 sections) and then reduce the number of sections to 5. and then keep on doing 5... its ok to initially do best 4 out of 5 when calculating your scores... but as you get closer to the newer sections, calculate your score using the 4 that were actually used in the test (this is necessary as they will be a truer reflection of the question types that are in use by the LSAT right now.) Hope this helps.