Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT59 S2 Q8

babybennybabybenny Free Trial Member
edited October 2015 in Logical Reasoning 156 karma
I processed POE, chose B and know why it is an answer, but I can't entirely understand why E is wrong. E kept bugging me.
If more people choose cheddar cheese more than ice cream just as the stimulus said and which means people choose cheese over ice cream, can E be an answer too?
Why can't E be an answer?

Please someone enlighten me.
Thanks!

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    The main flaw that stuck out for me was that the conclusion is asserting people must be “choosing” – to increase their calcium intake – by eating more cheddar cheese than ice cream. How do we know people are even aware of the calcium levels in either? There are so many other possible reasons: Maybe people have learned about the high fat in ice cream, maybe they are sending the cheddar to their friends overseas because it tastes better here and it’s cheaper to buy (so not actually eating it at all). Of course ac(B) touches on that. Ac(E) just doesn’t happen. Part of the conclusion says: “more and more” people – but that leaves plenty of room for people who eat both.