Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

retaking LSAT

hyunnysoo-1hyunnysoo-1 Free Trial Member
edited January 2014 in General 18 karma
I plan on taking the June 2014 LSAT should I not receive my ideal score on the Feb. 2014 one.
I have inadequate knowledge as to whether or not having taken the LSAT twice adversely affects my shot at getting into a good law school. Any thoughts?

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Depends on the law school. Some take the higher, some the average.
  • iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    Like lsatisland said it all depends on the law school you apply to. For example, Harvard and NYU take average, though they are willing to hear you out on why they should consider otherwise, whereas Columbia and Yale do not take average. All four have stupendous law schools but here you can see a dichotomy of preference.
  • maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
    98 karma
    will the june test be your second try?
  • zhenderszhenders Free Trial Member
    228 karma
    The general consensus has been that over the past few years now, even those schools which claim to take an average are really only looking at the high number. This is primarily because it is the only score which they are required to report to USNews rankings. DEFINITELY do not worry about that; if you feel confident you can get a better score, retake; with that said, most people would advise against taking in February unless you are hitting your target score pretty consistently.