Gitters

ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
edited February 2014 in February 2014 LSAT 210 karma
I’m writing the exams a week from tomorrow (February 8th).
When i have all the time in the world, i’m perfect on the flaw family questions (All assumptions, flaw, weaken and strengthen) but with timing, i freeze on them and get stumped, it significantly hinders my performance.
Should i be worried? I would prefer to write tests everyday but i’m scared i’ll burn out?
Can anyone please offer me advice on how i can possibly work on getting better?

Comments

• LSATPuppyLSATPuppy Alum Member
    edited February 2014 82 karma
    Hey there!

Hmm, I originally was planning on taking the Feb. exam too but I decided to postpone it because I knew my timing wasn't perfect and I was weak on several important areas. You probably have the test down better than I do but for this one section where you're freezing up, how many wrong are you getting? Is this due to a lack of confidence or do you just get a deer-in-headlights feeling when the clock is ticking? (or both)?

In my case, I felt the same way for Logic Games. I knew I could make the relevant inferences if only I had a little more time for each game but I would just get so nervous on a timed prep test that it would ruin my mojo. So I told myself I probably just need more time to learn how to be confident. Confidence is also an important skill to learn for the LSAT.
  • ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    I get a deer in headlights feeling when the clock is ticking. Thats exactly it. I usually get anywhere from 4 to 8 wrong. 8 on a really really bad day. I don’t really have an option to postpone it unless i want to wait another year. Please HELP.
    edited February 2014 82 karma
    I think you should tell yourself that its absolutely okay not to get to every question. I'm not sure if you feel this way but when I get the deer-in-headlights feeling, it's because I just checked my watch and I'm freaking out about little time I have left and my mind is then trying to calculate how many questions I have. You have to step out of your own head and be as objective as possible. So what if you run out of time? What if you spent your time wisely to get the majority of questions correctly? That's still better than getting 8 questions wrong. When you panic don't suddenly fly through the questions with wild abandon hoping that you'll make up for time. Accept the fact that you'll get to what you can get to and focus on nurturing the questions in front of you. I think in time, you'll do better and then feel more confident. Confidence = better timing. I hope this helps and also, don't bum yourself out over this. Seriously, it will be okay!

When are you applying, right after you get your Feb. score back?
  • ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    Thank you very much, that really helped. I just do some slow breathing now and it calms me down. I live in Canada and i have applied, just waiting on the LSATS for my final evaluation.
    82 karma
    Ah okay, good luck!! You got this :)