180watch.com review please

chinobonitochinobonito Member
edited February 2014 in General 105 karma
Hi Ladies and Gents:

I came across this watch on www.180watch.com

this seems really legit on the website, but i cannot justify the price just by looking at it... it is $60.

Anyone who has used this before care to share a review?

OR anyone who has a cost effective way of calculating time? the analog watch doesn't really show seconds very well... and the minutes are hard to read

Thanks!

Comments

• higdon37higdon37 Alum Member
    68 karma
    I bought a $20 Casio analog watch with a rotating chronograph at Wal-Mart and it works just fine for me in regards to helping me keep track of my LSAT PT timing.

These LSAT specific watches are just overkill and overpriced, IMO. A watch is a small part of the timing battle, through repetition and full length, timed PT's you'll develop an awareness of time and habits which will help you to complete sections without timing issues.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I brought a watch to the test but didn't use it because there was a clock on the wall. I didn't rely so much on the clock in the end, though. After taking many tests you kind of have a rhythm and are familiar with your pace. The proctor announces when there are five minutes remaining. So even if you lose your place on an analog clock, you are reminded with five minutes to go.
  • mrclark1990mrclark1990 Alum Member
    12 karma
    Do not rely on the proctor, I took it in June of 2013 and the proctor interrupted the whole class with apologies when there were around 2 minutes left.
  • evan24lesterevan24lester Alum Member
    edited February 2014 7 karma
    I have this watch. It works pretty well actually. It feels pretty cheap, but it does the job.

There are cheaper watches out there for the LSAT - I can't remember the website, but a friend of mine bought one that does the same exact thing, but made with a rubber strap for $20.

On the other hand, the website is very responsive in terms of customer support. My minute hand moved from "0" to "2" and they sent me a guide to fix it within a few hours. I've had my watch since the beginning of October and it still works.

My rationale for buying it was that I would be able to sell it on Amazon for a little less (maybe 40-50) bucks, whereas I probably wouldn't be able to sell the $20 watch for anything, and I figured 180watch would have better customer support.

If you haven't bought it yet, I wouldn't unless you are taking the June test or later. You won't be comfortable enough with it, and might not get it on time for February.
  • superfuntimessuperfuntimes Alum Member
    20 karma
    Target- Casio - $20
  • Lori CarsonLori Carson Free Trial Member
    22 karma
    Nicer, color-coded LSAT timer watch for $25 with free 2-day Prime shipping on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/LSATTimer-Analog-Watch-LSAT-Prep/dp/B006A9SCU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391624202&sr=8-1&keywords=180+watch
  • cmscott12cmscott12 Alum Member
    23 karma
    I have it. It works well and has definitely improved my timing. My reasoning is that if it nets me one additional point on test day then it's paid for itself.
  • maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
    98 karma
    I have the one lori mentions.... it saved my life.
  • MadpandaMadpanda Alum Member
    30 karma
    I have one similar to the Amazon one posted earlier, and it works like a charm. The color codings and 8:45 second marks are totallllly amazing.