Need Advice - take feb LSAT or not.,..?

kjwyang17kjwyang17 Free Trial Member
edited February 2014 in General 16 karma
Hi guys so I really need your advice.
I've been studying LSAT for like 2 - 3 months now.
Since Im currently in Korea, LSAT is on Feb 23rd
I'm in a situation where its bit different from you guys.
I am getting enlisted in Air Force on Feb 24th, that's why I tried to get my score before I get enlisted
However, I failed the december one big time...
I need to get at least 164 but scored lower than 160 on dec one.
Recently, I took a few PT 56-57-58 .
At first, it seemed like I was making some improvement as I scored 163 and 160 but then on today's 58..
I got like 25 wrongs without last section of LR.
To me, it feels like my LR skill just got worse. Im getting way too many wrongs on LR section.
If it were you guys, would u guys cancel Feb one and take the later LSAT?
the only reason i tried to get score before i get enlisted was as I was not guaranteed to study while im there
So, my original plan was to get the score then apply in 2015 and go back to US asap.
But now, I really don't know what to do because my score is simply not going up.

Yeah most ppl take LSAT once and gets it done,
well to me, since it was my dream to be a lawyer, I would not hesitate to take it for three times if necessary.
so yeah I really need u guys help!

Comments

• sunflowersunflower Alum Member
    46 karma
    I'm in Korea as well. I would keep taking PT's until the day before the test. You can withdraw by the midnight before the test
  • iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    Depends on how badly you want your LSAT done. You still have two weeks to prep for it. Do you understand HOW to do the questions (that is, what is the strategy for tackling a NA question for example) and why you were wrong, or were you simply brain exhausted? Don't feel bad in terms of one bad PT in a series of PT's because doing them day after day can be taxing on the brain, resulting in poorer results the more you do, which is why people suggest not to do a PT before your real LSAT. So were you doing PT's one after another daily?

Another important question is whether the school you want gives a limited number of tries for the LSAT?Because if it gives you 3 tries and you don't do as well as you need for 2, then coming out of the Air Force and having to relearn the LSAT might seem daunting, and so keeping more attempts for post military-leave might be a good idea.

It all comes down to how confident you feel. I say keep up with the attempts and in one week and a half time, if you still are not confident and your marks do not improve, withdraw.

Good luck and don't worry TOO much...otherwise you lose hair...
  • kjwyang17kjwyang17 Free Trial Member
    16 karma
    Thank you! yeah I was taking like 1 - 2 PTs daily since like mid-Jan, so I feel like my brain was just exhausted. I decided to take a day off and start studying again tmr.
    I will try to see where I go til next week and decide to withdraw or not
    I really appreciate your advice!
  • mmigliommiglio Alum Member
    122 karma
    Keep in mind you'll have adrenaline either on your side or against you, depending on how hard it hits you.

This seems to make or break people's focus on test day, and you cant really get the same sensation in a PT.