Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking advice for LG improvement

kmojorelikmojoreli Member
in General 118 karma
Hi, I'm hoping someone can offer me some ideas. I have been really pleased with the improvements I've made using 7sage which I've been using since June. I took the October LSAT and got a 161 but I am hoping for a 165+. My main issue was, and continues to be, logic games. While I have improved significantly since when I first started, I am still averaging around 7-10 wrong on this section, while my other sections are much stronger.

At this point in my prep, I am pretty much exclusively PTing and doing review. However I feel as though I should be concentrating more heavily on LG. I don't want to just do the LG sections and burn through the Prep Tests I have left (I have only taken up to PT 60). Any advice? I have the Cambridge LG packets with the older LGs grouped by type that I have been doing but I just feel that I need a more concrete plan to shore up this section before December because doing so could pretty much get me to where I need to be. Thanks folks!

Comments

• PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    you might want to try powerscore material to see if that helps. IMO their stuff is pretty good and supplements 7sage material very well.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    I have been in a very similar position, just starting to pull out of the LG woods now...
    First, did you do the foolproof method with the LG bundle? Are you at JY's target time when drilling the majority of those older games?
    Second, are you having issues with particular game types, or is finishing a section on time your weakness?
    For me, I could do an individual game in under the target time usually, but was really struggling to know how to balance my time with a full section. Practicing drills of full sections (even full of games I have seen before) has helped the most
    I also got some great advice from Pacifico to record myself doing a section, and then I watched all my mistakes in excruciating detail. It was a kick in the ass to watch myself wasting time on easier games and double checking things I had already determined. I really recommend recording and then watching yourself work a section.
    For me consistency of practice was also a major factor. Have you tried doing a full section of LG at least 1x/day? I make my 5th section in any PT an extra LG.
    Today was the first time I pulled off -1 on LG during a full, fresh PT. You can do it!! It's a matter of figuring out what precisely is holding you back.
    If you are where you want to be on LR and RC, that is actually great news; you can learn to master LG with enough time, discipline, and the right strategy for your particular struggle.
    Thanks again to
    @Pacifico for the great advice.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @kmojorelli said:
    I have the Cambridge LG packets with the older LGs grouped by type
    This could be one problem. The issue of practicing by type solely is that it gets you into the routine of how to do that certain type. For example, if you're working through doing the Grouping Games, then you automatically know that you're looking at setting up for a grouping diagram. I would practice full sections in order to keep yourself off balance. Full sections also get you in the mindset of having to constantly shift gears and makes game recognition crucial. -7 to -10 at this point indicates to me a shaky grasp of some of the fundamentals. If you have time and access, I would go back through the lessons on 7Sage to brush up on the fundamentals and core concepts. It might take a week or so, but I would fool proof "The Bundle" according to JY's recommendations or the attack strategy of @Pacifico .