Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accommodated Proctor?

BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
in General 1706 karma
J.Y. and friends,
I qualify for, and will be granted, extended time on the LSAT as an accommodation for my learning disabilities. I have been using the proctor on the 7sage app and i REALLY like it because of the "distraction" features and proctor announcements at the beginning and the "five minutes remaining" at the end. I am having to pause the app mid-test, then use an additional timer to complete the extra minutes using an online timer, then go back and start the app again for new sections. For obvious reasons, I am having trouble emulating "real test conditions" in this way, and it's eating up a lot of time and causing me to lose focus because of the switching back and forth issue. I'm wondering, especially with the new criteria for disability accommodations on the LSAT, if y'all might consider adding a "time and a half" proctor on the app for students with accommodated testing that also has the distraction/background noise feature?

Comments

• BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Or even on the website or anywhere (if changing the app would be too much trouble).
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Thanks for the suggestion @BruiserWoods! I'll pass it on to Alan & J.Y.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    if you qualify for extended time, there is a good chance you'll be taking the exam by yourself or at most wirth a couple others. So distractions from other test takers are unlikely.

There are, of course, other potential distractions ie building maintenance, outside traffic etc.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    If you are testing with accommodations do you get the experimental section & do you have an undisclosed exam?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    do you get the experimental section
    No
    @Sheri123 said:
    do you have an undisclosed exam
    It depends on when you take it, I believe.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Quick Silver" said:
    you'll be taking the exam by yourself or at most wirth a couple others.
    Correct.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    thanks all for letting me know about the distraction part. I believe I would still greatly benefit from practicing with the announcements at the beginning/end of the sections and especially the 5 minute warning.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited October 2016 3197 karma
    I wanted to add this here, as I went to send this to a study buddy and it was already a bit buried. So if anyone finds this thread, visit this one for an accommodation proctor and it says they are working to add it to the app.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/9032/5-section-lsat-accommodated-proctor

and here is the link to you tube: youtu.be/_g1IhzkWAso