Quiz - Context Identification 1 w/ Answers

Jonathan W.Jonathan W. Member
edited November 2015 in Logical Reasoning 48 karma
Hi guys,
For question #2, we are asked to break down this argument into premises, conclusion, and context.

The common procedure for determining whether a food additive should be banned from use is to compare its health related benefits with its potential risks. Yellow Dye No. 5, an additive used to color lemon soda, might cause allergic reactions in a few consumers. For most consumers of lemon soda, however, the coloring enhances their enjoyment of the beverage. This particular additive should not be banned, therefore, because its benefits greatly outweigh its risks.

This was my answer:
Context: The common procedure for determining whether a food additive should be banned from use is to compare its [food additive] health related benefits with its potential risks.
Premise: Yellow Dye No. 5, an additive used to color lemon soda, might cause allergic reactions in a few consumers.
Premise: For most consumers of lemon soda, however, the coloring enhances their [most consumers] enjoyment of the beverage.
Premise/Sub Conclusion: because its [Yellow Dye No. 5] benefits greatly outweigh its risks.
Main Conclusion: This particular additive [Yellow Dye No. 5] should not be banned.

J.Y.'s was different. Can people explain to me why my answer is wrong? It makes sense to me since the first two premises explain why the sub conclusion (Yellow Dye No.5 benefits greatly outweigh its risks) which then in turn supports the main conclusion. Thanks!

Admin note: This is the lesson:
http://7sage.com/lesson/quiz-context-identification-1-answers/