Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is 7sage enough?

jeje9999jeje9999 Alum Member
edited March 2014 in General 69 karma
Hey guys! I'm new here, and I am seeking some advice.

I'm debating what kind of prep I should do before the Sep/Oct LSAT.
I have done a condensed Kaplan online course before (a mistake), but that was awhile ago, so I don't remember all too much from it.

I was wondering...is all the material on 7sage (i.e. premium) ENOUGH to prep for the LSAT? Did any of you supplement the course with Powerscore bibles or Manhattan books?

I know a lot of people have used other programs before switching over to 7sage...has the acquired knowledge from other companies helped you with your 7sage experience?

Thanks!!

Comments

• jrkovalsjrkovals Alum Member
    edited March 2014 183 karma
    I think 7 sage is the best. I think you'll find anything you acqurie from other compaines will end up being replaced with what you learn here. This info will be sufficient, for getting what you would've gotten from other companies and additionally teach you MUCH more than other companies could have taught you. This has been my experience with this company. I looked at powerscore before 7sage. The stuff in here is definately enough. Hard to believe until you see for yourself. But i think early in the course you'll see what I'm getting at. Currently i'm in the middle sized packed - upgraded from the smallest one to the middle one. The bigger you go the more practice sets and practice tests you get. In any package you get the lessons. But the the thing that's nice about doing practice sets and practice tests through 7sage is you have access to people doing the same things, talking about their problems in the same lens in which you'll learn how to do the tests and sets through 7sage. And also.... no, given the info from this course, stuff from other companies is unecessary. I shouldve started my studying here, but i caught on early still though.
  • Drini925Drini925 Member
    67 karma
    I've done them all. This is the best. No contest. Save your money from everything else. I mean that. I pushed off taking my LSATs in January because I wanted more time with this amazing site. Like jrkovals, I went from Complete to Premium because I was learning so much. If you actually follow the curriculum, study, memorize - we're talking full on marinade your brain with the read, write, repeat method - and don't move on to the next section/lesson until you are confident you know the material inside and out, your score will go up; you will be shocked at the depth of your potential. There will also be more than enough material. The best part of which, its all the newer tests. I had originally bough the Official TestPreps off of Amazon, and I wish I hadn't after finding 7Sage because this is all around more cost efficient too.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Bro... I just did the material from here less than half of it and still got a 163 in Dec
  • jeje9999jeje9999 Alum Member
    69 karma
    thanks for all the comments, and it's encouraging to know that 7sage is working out for you all. I think I might take the premium and maybe supplement with the LSAT trainer, since a few other blog posts have recommended this combo.

Anybody else used LSAT trainer with 7sage?
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @jeje9999: I think a few people have tried that combo. Truth be told , you won't honestly know unless you personally try it for yourself. It's such a subjective thing when it comes to what works. Just so happens that most people that have given 7sage a shot have found at least some benefit to it. Good luck to you.
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    I think 7sage is enough, but i think its important to do the logic games from every single preptest including the ones in the LSAT's they don't provide. They actually provide a supplemental package that includes the games from preptests 1-35 which i'd recommend getting. Other than that, it's all you need, in my opinion of course.
  • NellysLSATNellysLSAT Alum Member
    edited March 2014 186 karma
    7sage is everything you need. wish I would have found it sooner.
    personally at times I need a different perspective on the same topic to fully grasp it so I took one of 7sages recommendation and purchased The LSAT Trainer. it compliments this course great for me. I also prefer to read some days over watching videos so.
    definitely get 7sage it's not just a course , -sounds cheesy- but it really is like an lsat family.
    69 karma
    thanks everyone for your input!! much appreciated. I think I made a decision to stick with 7sage as my main course of instruction for now! can't wait to dive into the materials this summer.
    69 karma
    @DavidMichael-1 Which one of the pre-tests are included in your package? I am planning to buy the 1-35 like you mentioned. But just wondering which tests are included in the premium package (or whichever package you're using....)
  • AlenaLSATAlenaLSAT Alum Member
    edited March 2014 182 karma
    I think that doing some additional reading on logic fallacies would help, since there are so many of them and it is hard to cover them all in any curriculum.
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    edited March 2014 571 karma
    @jeje9999 I bought the ultimate package so i got preptests 36-68. You can purchase the games from preptests 1-35 as a separate package, thereby having access to basically every game ever published.

There are a few tests not included in the above, including 69-71, which you can buy from 7sage (not included in their packages; must be purchased separately). There's also preptests A,B and C, which are random other exams that can be purchased separately, and the February 1997 exam, which also is sold separately. I purchased those separately as well, but if you're strapped for cash they aren't necessary.

Oh, and don't get the bibles. 7sage has everything they have and much more.
    edited March 2014 3658 karma
    I bought the LSAT Trainer but I haven't really used it. Does anyone have anything useful to say about the Trainer? I did about a few chapters but nothing to really warrant a valid opinion.
  • Llaima01Llaima01 Free Trial Member
    230 karma
    Thy Name is Al,
    I read the LSAT trainer from cover to cover. In my opinion, it is the best book out there and it is a nice compliment to 7Sage's material. I particularly appreciate the RC chapters: categorizations of questions and how to approach/decipher all the questions they throw at you. Take a look at those chapters and let me know what you think. Also, I read but have not incorporated the LSAT Trainer's LG portions. I think JY's explanations in the area of LG are superior.

3658 karma
    Good to know. Thanks Llaima! :o)
  • laestelle2009laestelle2009 Alum Member
    96 karma
    i started off reading the Official LSAT Prep book and that gave me a basic understanding of what to study for on the LSAT. now that i am using 7sage some lessons are a lot easier than others because I had prior knowledge. 7sage is pretty much going to give you a thorough understanding of the LSAT. the comments and responses to the lessons are super beneficial because i guarantee you there is someone who had the same problem you may have, and that person can offer you a clearer understanding specific to you. i sometimes use my power score bibles if i am struggling with something and i can't find the answer on 7sage but that is rare. Good luck!
    3658 karma
    Also another point I'd like to emphasize--the other courses that I had taken didn't give any advantage. Rather, I started 7sage at a disadvantage since I was predisposed to alot of bad strategies/habits. Be mindful that 7sage isn't a cure-all. You put in what you get.