PT61.S4.Q24 - one is likely to feel comfortable

Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
edited August 2016 in Logical Reasoning 3107 karma
Pretty clueless on this one. I narrowed the answer to B or C during the exam, and I couldn't do any better during BR. Turns out, the answer is E :/ Can someone break down all of the answer choices? Even though I got rid of A and D, I'm not convinced that I got rid of them with good reasoning.

Stranger is same age- MOST feel comfortable approaching that stranger. Long term friendship start MOST someone felt comfortable approaching a stranger. Therefore, long term friends probably the same age.

What I am looking for: No clue. I don't really understand the argument with this one. Can any of the diagrams link up (not that it really matters)? JY does it in the videos, but I don't see how the approaching the stranger ideas are the same thing. Here is the video: http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-61-section-4-question-24/

Comments

• iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    Hey Accounts Playable, the crux of the flaw is a sufficient necessary confusion hidden in a lot of mumbo jumbo. The premise tells us if SAA -> OLFCAS. Then it concludes that in a world of long time friends, that OLFCAS -> SAA, based on premise SAA -> OLFCAS. I'm conflating the idea that someone feels comfortable approaching a stranger with one likely feels comfortable approaching a stranger since if you fee comfortable doing X then you likely feel comfortable doing X.

Knowing you have a sufficient-necessary confusion in mind, you, therefore, look for an AC that says something on the lines of, "You can have OLFCAS and not SAA." That brings you to (E).

Hope this helps.