Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking LSAT

lenelson2lenelson2 Member
edited June 2016 in General 523 karma

Comments

• fishtwentyfivefishtwentyfive Free Trial Member
    227 karma
    For me after I wrote in June I had to retake in Oct. Before June I made my priority the quantity of hours that I was studying. I burnt myself out (go figure) and got sub 3 my average PT score for my June take. For Oct I pretty much realized that my skillset was already up to par (you might be the same way) and I literally studied probably a tenth as much. I would take 1 PT a week and drill another PT throughout the weekdays, like a section or two at a time. This gave me a 5 point increase from the average I had going in before the June test (translated into an 8 point increase between actual June and Oct scores). Everything about studying is particular to your situation. But if you are like me, and tried to go super hard the first time around and found yourself feeling wiped, then maybe you should be stoked that you already have the endurance and the fundamentals down, and you can work on your mental game and the really particular stuff that is holding you back. I had to really focus on RC, so that's what I did. I would sit down and just say to myself, "I'm going to absolutely destroy this reading comprehension" and that's what I would I do. And then I would kill RC that day and do bad on LR and LG, because I put all the effort into RC. And then next time I would be like, "I'm going to kill RC but not let it hurt my LG and LR so much" and then I would do only slightly better. And then I would focus a little on LR or LG, while retaining my newfound RC skills... and I would just keep switching what section I focused on until I got everything to the exact average I wanted... and believe it or not I literally scored exactly my average for each of my sections (for example -5 LR, -2 LG, -2 RC) on my Oct test...
    @lenelson2 said:
    To join the BR groups with 7sage
    To BR intensively including writing out my thinking process in word documents for each problem and writing out JYs explanation
    Writing out your own thinking is one of the best ways IMO to study. It will also make you seem really intelligent in front of all your friends when you can say exactly what you want to say. Literally so few people in our society have that skill set to formulate their thoughts into logically perfect words.

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @fishtwentyfive said:
    It will also make you seem really intelligent in front of all your friends
    lifetime goal right here :-)
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    lol @nye8870 and thank you @fishtwentyfive
    I also burned myself out leading up to the dec test, I feel more in control and focused as I'm studying now. Brushing up on all the fundamentals and doing BR in a way J.Y. would be proud of.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    For LR, I would recommend working with one of the 7sage tutors for a few sessions