Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal statement

UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
in General 349 karma
Would anyone be willing to read over my personal statement and provide some feedback? I can read over yours if you would like and provide feedback. I've made a couple of drafts and am at somewhat of a loss on what to change, if anything. I find a stranger's opinion can be helpful in these situations.

Comments

• lsatingslsatings Alum Member
    349 karma
    I wouldn't mind reading over it. I've already finished my application materials and only have the LSAT to go. Send me a DM and I'll see what I can do.
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    @lsatings I sent you a message.
  • J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    201 karma
    I'd be willing to help as well, if you need a second (or third) eye.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    I could read over yours, if you like. I already completed my cycle and had a lot of success.
  • J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    201 karma
    @gs556 Not my post, but was just wondering, did your PS contain any "why law" component to it? I've already finished my PS and I really like it, but it's got no mention of law or law school. That works for most schools, but not for a selective few.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    @"J.H. Song" my PS was the same, no mention of why law/law school. I focused instead, on highlighting my story and what sets me apart from other applicants, namely my background.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You'll need to tailor your PS to meet the requirements of certain schools, or throw it out all together at others. No need for any type of why law component unless it is explicitly asked for in the prompt. I had one school that had such a weird prompt I threw out my PS for them and sent in my DS with a few tweaks. Pay very close attention to what each school wants and double check that you're sending the right products to the right schools.