Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question about rec letters

hj060815hj060815 Alum Member
in General 51 karma
If I have someone writing a rec letter, is he allowed to submit two letters (one that is school specific and one that is general for all law schools)? Would I send him the rec letter request twice?

Please let me know!!

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Yes, request a specific letter and a general one. Make sure to specify as much in the requests. Then, when you are choosing which letters to assign to which schools, you'll have the ability to assign the specific one to the school it is tailored to.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just make sure not to send both to the same school :)
  • hj060815hj060815 Alum Member
    51 karma
    thank you!!!
  • mgw_4mgw_4 Alum Member
    16 karma
    I have a question to add to this topic some, my application is complete with my information, personal statement, and transcripts. But my letters of rec have not been submitted, can I go ahead and submit my application or should I wait until they complete them?
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @"mgw_4" said:
    can I go ahead and submit my application or should I wait until they complete them
    If you submit without, it'll just stand as incomplete. I would wait until you have the LOR and then submit.
  • J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    201 karma
    GSU is right, except for a few number of schools that don't require LORs (Berkeley is the only one that comes to mind). In that case, your application will be completed and possibly put under review. If you know you'd like your LORs to be a part of the application, you should not submit for those schools. As for the other schools that consider your application "complete" when you have the required amount of LORs, it honestly doesn't matter whether you submit now or when you have the LORs. I would suggest not sending it in, simply because you never know if you may wake up one morning and think of a way to enhance your application.