Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions posed in RC passages

When an author starts off a RC passage with a Question is that generally a phenom begging 4 an explanation? or generally speaking what is the purpose of questions posed throughout an RC passage? thanks

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping this to the top so more people see it!
  • kmojorelikmojoreli Member
    118 karma
    I'm just thinking off the top of my head. I can't remember which passages start off with questions per say, but these are 2 things I can think of questions doing fairly frequently in RC.

-The author will pose a question, tell you what some other people think the answer/explanation is, and then ultimately agree or disagree with them.
    -The author will pose a question and then present and defend their answer, either as the main point of the passage or to provide support for the main point.

This is a hard question to answer, I think you have to kind of know what the main point of a passage is to be able to understand the significance of questions posed. Hope this helps.

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Since most RC passages are not written for the LSAT but are excerpted from elsewhere this question is virtually unanswerable as asked since it is pretty much always context based. I would focus on developing a deeper understanding of the passage structures on the macro level and find a methodology that will help you sort out the details on the micro level as well.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I would focus on developing a deeper understanding of the passage structures on the macro level and find a methodology that will help you sort out the details on the micro level as well.
    Agreed.