Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get faster at LG?

inactiveinactive Alum Member
in General 12637 karma
Hey there 7Sagers! Here's a question from a student I thought you could help out with:
-------------------------------------

Hello I wanted to know how I can get faster at doing logic games and not miss inferences . I have been looking at videos and trying to repeat them and I do but it is not quite becoming second nature completely

Comments

• 2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
    edited January 2016 248 karma
    Do them over and over, seeing how you can split 20-30 different games gives you a good outlook on how you can split each new one you can approach. Many games repeat themselves in similar ways. Further, it also helps your judgment when you can't split. Which is important as well, because eventually it fee intuitive when and when you should split or not
  • rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    its all about the setup and restrictions. after that its like fishing with dynamite
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    edited January 2016 1128 karma
    It's just practice. Follow Pacifico's attack strategy, and once you are done with the whole LG bundle, you will either already be pretty fast or you will just need to push yourself to pick up the pacing if you are double checking answers or something like that.
    The only tip I picked up that truly made me faster was double checking the rules; I found that if I went over the rules a second time to make sure my notations were correct, I would both minimize my margin for error, and also sort of "memorize" the rules. The second look at rules also often yielded inferences for me. It takes about 5 seconds to do, and was well worth my time. I noticed my short term memory got better just form doing lots and lots of games. If you get to this point, you can go a bit more quickly if you are very familiar with the rules because you'll hold some of the rules in your head and will not have to refer to your rule list quite as often while solving questions.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford said:
    I found that if I went over the rules a second time to make sure my notations were correct, I would both minimize my margin for error, and also sort of "memorize" the rules. The second look at rules also often yielded inferences for me. It takes about 5 seconds to do, and was well worth my time.
    Like this!!