Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noticeable drop when lapse in time between PTs?

danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 4181 karma
What type of decrease, if any, do you all experience when taking too long of a break between timed, 5-section tests? What is recommended as an ideal schedule for PT taking?

Comments

• bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    Sorry if this initial answer is a little vague but I think it really depends on where you are in your prep to determine if you have any major decreases in your scores. Also I'd personally track what works best for you do you prefer a little more time between PT's or not, see how it works for you. For example, if you're feeling burnt out a break away from taking tests might be a good thing that would actually increase your scores, other times taking too long in between PT's might decrease your momentum and scores and we don't want that. As for a PT schedule I'd say max would be 3 PT's a week. For me personally I recommend 2 tests a week with basically a 3 day cycle. First day take the test, great BR the next day and score the test, then the third day depends on what you need to do (watch the video explanations of questions, foolproof LG, redo RC, shore up on a certain question type/curriculum that needs work). Repeat that sequence again and then and take a day off, or set it up so that you always have a day off between the cycle if you prefer that but having a day off a week to not think about the LSAT will be good to keep you sane. Hope this helps and if you have other questions or need clarification feel free to ask.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    That's a really good plan to work with. I think I'm going to go with that. Thanks much! This will help a lot