Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improvement when following study schedule

katdlreyeskatdlreyes Member
edited February 2016 in General 14 karma
I've studied for many months and I'm really hoping that 7sage helps me out a lot. I've self studied the PS bibles and gone through a BP prep course. I've even taken a full year off to work and completely stop studying the LSAT. My fault is that I did not retain a lot of techniques and strategies with such a lengthy break, and while material is familiar, a lot of it still feels mildly new. Another fault of mine back with my pre-7sage LSAT prep is my lack of focus and dedication.

I'm 1-2 weeks away from reaching the portion of the course that is filled with 2-3 prep tests a week until my actual test date in June. I'm wondering about the rate of improvement some of you have seen with the set study schedule in place.

Comments

• The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    From what I've witnessed, there's a lot of variance between different individuals.

For some, a year is required, others six months.

However, I think the biggest favor you can do for yourself is to ensure that when you do start taking PTs is to make sure that your fundamentals are down and that you THOROUGHLY BR your PTs. It'll make a huge difference in your performance.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"The 180 Bro_OVO" said:
    However, I think the biggest favor you can do for yourself is to ensure that when you do start taking PTs is to make sure that your fundamentals are down and that you THOROUGHLY BR your PTs. It'll make a huge difference in your performance.
    THIS^^^^^ seriously best advice and so true! We rush into PTs trying to push up our scores, but if we lack dull understanding, we are just treading water.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    The one caveat I would add is to not let the perfect become the enemy of the good. Finish the curriculum, do some LG bundle work if you suck at LG, then Do a handful of PTs to get some analytics going and a sense of what your weaknesses are. After finishing the curriculum it can be very difficult to just sit back and try to think about where your fundamentals are weak but a few PTs will let you know very quickly.
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    @"The 180 Bro_OVO"

Awesome advice! You sound like Allison;)