Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feb. LSAT RC Woes

ForYourHealthForYourHealth Alum Member
in General 34 karma
Like a lot of you who took the LSAT last weekend, I found the RC section to be incredibly difficult. I'm not good at RC to begin with and typically have to skip an entire passage because I don't read fast enough.

This past weekend I decided to stick with my strategy and do only 3 passages, but go slowly and make sure that I'm reasonably accurate. Well, I'm afraid that strategy may have backfired on me. I knew once I read the first passage that LSAC had come out swinging with a really tough RC section since I struggled to maintain my focus and felt like I wasn't retaining much from the passage. I ended up taking my time with three passages only, but I wasn't very confident in the answers I chose. The first passage took me a lot longer than usual. Once I got to the second passage (the one about employee rights), I couldn't focus. I re-read the first paragraph twice and lost my focus completely and didn't retain anything so I skipped it and moved onto the third and fourth passages. The fourth passage about hedges was very difficult, but I didn't find the comparative passage about smart growth too bad. I'm starting to regret skipping the second passage and am wishing I would have tried reading it again. But then again, maybe I would have wasted even more time struggling with the passage. I find that the second passage is typically easier than the fourth, so I'm worried that I might have missed out on an easy passage and/or easy questions.

I know I can't go back and change this now, but I just needed to vent and get it off my chest. I'm just hoping that skipping the employee rights passage (opposed to skipping the hedges passage) didn't hurt my score too much. In an ideal world I would've liked to have finished them all, but I think if I would have gone any faster I would have sacrificed a lot of accuracy. I feel like I'm rehashing my performance in my head and remembering things that might make for a less than ideal score.

Is anyone else torturing themselves about their RC performance last Saturday?

Comments

• Artwork94Artwork94 Free Trial Member
    140 karma
    yeah, it was brutal. I cringe when i think about it
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Good news: the remainder of the test was pretty straight forward. Have you ever tried predicting your score before? Have you even been very accurate? I haven't. Take your last 5 PTs, average them and that's your score (+/- 3).

Try not to worry too much. You've complete the test and that's an accomplishment in itself.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    If you don't intend on retaking, then just tell yourself, "what's done is done." You're better off focusing on something you can control (your applications) as opposed to something you can't.
  • kerry.porteradikerry.porteradi Free Trial Member
    13 karma
    I disagree about the rest of the test being easy. I think yes, LG was easier than usual (though the London-Madrid was still not too easy), but I found the LR to be the hardest part.

RC was I think also of average - to above average difficulty. I think LG was the only section that maybe was easier than usual.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    I skipped the last passage in my test (about the hedges) I heard those Q were hard as F!!!