Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NPR just made a mistaken reversal logic mistake today. You are smarter than NPR.

lsaqranlsaqran Free Trial Member
in General 10 karma
Check the first figure and what Bernie actually said. Free tuition --> most educated nation
NPR: most educated nation -> ~free tuition
it's half mistaken reversal

http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/02/17/466730455/fact-check-bernie-sanders-promises-free-college-will-it-work

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Bad arguments in the wild! Yesssss ... My favorite. Debate transcripts are also particularly ripe for this kind of analysis :)
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    On a side note, the comments on this article were just marvelous. 95% tax rate? yes, please. LOL
  • lsaqranlsaqran Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    now that I think of it, I can see NPR's point, contrapositive of their statement: some nations with free education --> ~ most educated. Would that make it a formal logic leap? because some doesn't really mean anything, doesn't prove that Bernie is wrong, it may slightly undermine his statement by showing that there are other things that could account for having the most educated nation (that are not free education, maybe it's Korea's disciplined culture?)..

hmm.. Idk why I am here, I already took the lsat a few weeks ago. Maybe I am addicted now.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Oh those darn politicians. They get a pass. Logic isn't all that common in politics.